Saturday, April 12, 2008

Undernumbered, Overwhelmed....

Limbo artist
Things have taken a turn for the worse.... The father of my children was diagnosed with stage 4 adrenocarcinoma, in other words terminal lung cancer. If he doesn't have tumors in his brain, he has about 10 months to live. My oldest daughter is his next of kin and she has had to grow up very quickly. It doesn't seem fair, but when is life fair?
OTOH my visit with the Dr went quite well. Finally a Dr who actually knows what Asperger's syndrome is, and actually gets it when I talk to him. I told him of my concentration problems and he started me on a low dose of adderall (generic) even with insurance its 20.00 a bottle, not very economic, but.... from the first day I can say I feel more clear and a little more energized. maybe when he bumps the dose in a month I can actually feel some motivation.... sigh, with everything going on here, it seems likely that it will stay tanked.
I need so many things, and I just don't have the ways/means to get/deal with/put up with. I am so mentally tired....

No comments: