Monday, December 11, 2006

Parental Misunderstanding



It seems that although i am a grown woman with children of my own, my parents still think they can tell me what to do, who to see, who not to see, and what I need to do to keep my life on track,

First, I pay the bills at my home. No one else helps me with the exception of en lieu of child support for the mortgage. As an adult I am capable despite your "infinite wisdom" of choosing who, when and where I go out, or not if I so choose. I am not mentally incapacitated. Just because I made bad choices in the past, doesn't mean I always will. And even if I do, it's my choice to make them. If I lose my freedom to choose, then you might as well put a gun to my head.

4 comments:

dysamoria said...

bravo

Dee said...

bends at waist...thsnk you very much!

dysamoria said...

i left i gianormous reply to your comment about sleep disorders on my blog. if you have any trouble finding it, let me know and i'll just copy paste it to you :-)

Dee said...

Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts. You seem to understand the issues I have.