Thursday, December 28, 2006

Its All in the Mind




Recently I started a med to help me with sleep issues I have been having due to depression combined with my Asperger's syndrome. I have been in discussions with other auties and came across one who says that the meds are just a marketing scheme. Its all in my mind... Really, I have had two years of near little to no sleep and its all in my mind. Let me guess... I should tell myself to sleep and I will, right? Sorry, its never worked like that before. But I will say, the new meds seem to be helping wonderfully, I have now 3 good nights sleep under my belt. Granted, I have had some drowsiness during the day, I have not been the walking zombie of late. I am still having issues with dyslexia and concentration, but overall the pain relief and the restful feeling I've had have been worth it. I do admit the dry mouth has me drinking a lot, but if I stick to water and diet coke I should be fine.
Now if I could get my life back on track and not be so lonely. But that has to wait for now.There are more pressing issues to work out with me still... Though maybe someday it would be easier to work them out with someone's help, in a way this solitude is teaching me how to not be so dependent on anyone but myself. It's almost safer that way. No harm, no hurt.

No comments: