Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Overwhelmingly Numb


Today was the last day in the life of my Ford Explorer. It died its last death and in the stress of it all I had three meltdowns. How I survived today is totally beyond me. But I guess some good things come around. I prayed and pleaded with God all last night, trying to hold out hope for my car to make it to work today. It didn't. And yet, I now have strangely enough, a working vehicle in my driveway. A year newer than my old car and I didn't have to pay anything but the tag and insurance. I have a strange attraction to things synchronistic, being a metaphysical Catholic. I have had strange yet wonderful things just happen to me at times, usually when I am most stressed. Maybe I do have a guardian angel. So despite being a totally bad day in many ways. It was in the end salvageable.

2 comments:

dysamoria said...

salvaged endings are better than most... i'm still looking for something to salvage... how did the replacement vehicle come around?

Dee said...

I went to the mechanic, who knew my ex- and his dad,and he wanted my esplorer, blown engine and all. He had a 98 windstar van that he couldn't sell but ran fine. He made his main money selling cars 97 and older in Mexico for cash. Since the windstar was a 98 it couldn't be imported, and no one these days wants a van, but ... He could drop an engine in mine and sell it tommorow. We traded even, and I have a running free basically, van. Synchronicity.