Friday, December 15, 2006

Numbed as usual



Today, I am numb, I woke exhausted, after waking every hour. I came home yesterday and so overloaded that I fell asleep on the sofa, with no idea what was happening around me and it was only 8:45. I woke with a start to hear my middle child humming in her room and my son playing on my computer. I was not sure of the time, and started yelling what were they doing awake so late, as I felt as if I had slept for hours. It was only 10:30pm.
So when I awoke each hour I was afraid I was late to work. I haven't needed an alarm clock since October. I'm not sleeping enough.
I got into work, and people were saying things that I just couldn't seem to understand. It was if they spoke another language or my comprehension just had taken leave of my head. I didn't understand. They were trying to joke with me or say things with double meanings which usually I get easily and just was fogged. I just could only stare.

I just couldn't get it.

2 comments:

dysamoria said...

you did better than myself. i couldn't even make it to work today.

Dee said...

Hope you start to feel better. I even have to work today. And the cycle is viciously repeating.