Thursday, November 20, 2008

Loving J, Hating collection agencies, tired and numb

Sometimes I just can't show the appreciation I feel for my children and my husband. especially Jeremy since he has the short end of the stick as I am working to support us.

I have to be one of the most difficult people to be with. I am exhausted all the time from anemia and sleep issues (though I admit now that Jeremy is here it has gotten better, time management (L lax Skilz!) and general Donna Reed housewife knowledge... sigh.

I would guess most people can't understand the realtionship I have with Jeremy, but you know what? It works. That's what is most important to me. At the end of the day I can snuggle up to his warm body and feel loved and know that despite all the difficulties we've been through I can only love him more.

There is no better feeling than to know that he is there waiting on me despite, leaving him at the crack of dawn with two unruly children to get ready for school and coming home as the night is falling and I drag myself out of my car. kiss bathroom, sofa, dinner tv baths for kids bed... my routine... varies only slightly . On the weekends the children have strict orders despite knowing if we are awake or not, not to disturb us unless we have come out of the bedroom. After noon they can bother us if they still need to do so.

Someone please tell me, I have these awful collection agencies calling my phone which has always been in my name, to collect bills for my deceased ex's hospital bill. The worst one is Portfolio recovery who calls with a recorded message asking to call them back. I don't because I have sent back every bill and talked with almost every collection agency about how I am not married to him and how I am not responsible for his bills. J got so frustrated he started putting the cemetary address on them and returning them. Still they send and call although less than before.
They tend to be the ones that end up waking me on Saturday....grrrrr!!!!

1 comment:

blogavoidant said...

For C's debts:

Send the collection agency a letter (certified mail, return receipt requested) pointing out that it is violating the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by harassing you, that you aren't responsible for the debt and that it should cease contacting you.

After that, if they contact you, report them to the GA Attorney General's office.