Friday, March 2, 2007

The wait drags on and on


I received this in my email at work today after inquiring about the interview I did over a month ago...

"Yes, a decision has been made regarding one of the positions and letters should be going out next week. We still have one to fill and a final decision has not been made regarding that one. Hopefully within the next week we will be able to send out letters to everyone that applied."

Sigh, waiting is a hard thing for me, and negative thinking tends to cloud my thoughts with what ifs. If they don't accept me, I feel I should/must resign, out of pride and dignity. After 11 years of dutiful service, it would be a crushing blow to my ego for sure.

On the other hand things will be so much better if I do get the position. I will have a pay raise, benefits which include retirement, medical insurance,paid vacation, and sick days. Something I really need and look forward to. I want to have something to show for the time I have put in, the work etc...

No comments: