Monday, May 4, 2009

Sometimes things aren't always as they seem

People try and win your trust.  It’s a human nature thing that often ends up stabbing you in the back.  What’s not normal human behavior is the turning of the person in order to be able to stab you in the back.  Let me explain a little better.  I believe it is in the nature of people to help themselves, then help others (if at all). 

Standing on someone's back, someone who is not as capable as yourself, or someone you see as lesser because of education, to raise your own status just seems wrong.  I mean who really gets up in the morning and says to themselves, today I am going to screw this person over?  Today I am going to take a resolved issue and reopen a wound.  Today, I can make someone else's life a little more miserable. Today I am the glorious king of the world and you: you are a beneath me peon.

What kind of person do you see in this type person? Is it just something that as an autie I can't discern? Am I too trusting?  Should I be more standoffish and not open? The conflict confuses me.

I want to be able to trust but at the same time I no longer want to trust people.  Trusting just gets you hurt in the end.  Trusting ends up with you on the chopping block waiting for the cleaver to fall.  Trusting ends up with the knife in your back with no idea where it came from.

At the same time, trusting can get you happiness with the person you love most in the world, trusting can keep you in a job you love.  Trusting can create a nice world to live in.  Unfortunately, not everyone believes it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great blog post!